Terms and Conditions
- All entries must have a specific reference to the theme and an Australasian rural experience.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per person, however the non refundable entry fee is payable for each entry.
- Entry details as listed must be supplied in the body of the email in which the entry is submitted All entries must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responsibility to ensuring the entry and payment have been received rests entirely with the entrant.
- Entries will be acknowledged by return email. We strongly recommend that entry emails are sent with a “read receipt” to ensure receipt of submission.
- Entries must be the entrant’s original work, unpublished, and not have been acknowledged in any other competitions.
- Entries should not be entered in any other competition during the submission and judging dates for this award.
- The filename should match the story title included on the accompanying email.
- Once an entry is submitted, the submission is final. The entry may not be withdrawn nor any alterations made.
- Late entries and/or those in breach of the entry conditions will be excluded.
- All entrants retain the copyright of their work, but submission, bios and photographs may be published or used in promotional material, either online or in print by the Corryong Neighbourhood Centre or the Elyne Mitchell Writing Award.
- Judging will be undertaken by a process determined by the Award organisers, by a panel of judges who will remain anonymous.
- All results are final and binding. Details of the judging process are available on request.
- A shortlist of entries will be decided by the Award organisers based on judging results
- Entries may be fiction or non-fiction Entries must not exceed 2,500 words.
- The same story may be entered in more than one category provided it meets the guidelines for that category.
- Entries are to be submitted in double spaced .pdf format.
- Entries must be in English.
- The author’s name must not appear on any page within the story itself.
- Shortlisted authors will be required to submit a Word version of their entry and a brief biography and photo for use in publications relating to this Award. Text & font will be standardized for publication.
- Entries are to be submitted in .jpg or .gif format.
- Image file size should not exceed 5MB